NEW REVISED ITR FORMS ITR-1 ITR-2 ITR-2A ITR-4S FOR ASSESMENT YEAR 2015-16 DOWNLOAD
The main changes are given below
1) Individuals having exempt income without any ceiling (other than agricultural income exceeding Rs. 5,000) can now file Form ITR 1 (Sahaj). Similar simplification is also introduced for individuals / Hindu Undivided Family in respect of Form ITR 4S (Sugam).
2) At present individuals/HUFs having income from more than one house property and capital gains are required to file Form ITR-2. It is, however, noticed that majority of individuals/HUFs who file Form ITR-2 do not have capital gains. A simplified form for these individuals / Hindu Undivided Family’s, a new Form ITR 2A has been introduced which can be filed by an individual or HUF who does not have capital gains, income from business/profession or foreign asset/foreign income.
3) In lieu of foreign travel details, only Passport Number, if available, would be required to be given in Forms ITR-2 and ITR-2A. Details of foreign trips or expenditure thereon are not required to be furnished.
4) As regards bank account details in all these forms, only the IFS code, account number of all the current/savings account which are held at any time during the previous year will be required to be filled-up. The balance in accounts will not be required to be furnished. Details of dormant accounts which are not operational during the last three years are not required to be furnished.
5) An individual who is not an Indian citizen and is in India on a business, employment or student visa (expatriate), would not mandatory be required to report the foreign assets acquired by him during the previous years in which he was non-resident if no income is derived from such assets during the relevant previous year.
CLICK BELOW LINK AND GET GOVT OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION.