I said that “Now, even engineers do ICWAI”. Ya it’s possible for Engineer students or Engineer graduates to do ICWAI/CMA course and also there are some exemptions in CMA for Engineer students or Engineer graduates.
Which Engineering Brach Students/Graduates are Eligible for ICWAI course ?
There are many different types of Engineering degrees available in India like Mechanical, Chemical, Civil and Electrical. Here we are providing a list of Engineering degrees that eligible for ICWAI course. In this list there are 38 branches of Engineering. So these all 38 branches of Engineering students/graduates are eligible to join in ICWAI/CMA course and to get exemptions.
List of all engineering branches
Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Chemical and Alcohol Technology
Computer Science Engineering
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
Electronics & Telecomm Engineering
Electronics Instrumentation & Control
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Industrial Production Engineering
Instrumentation & Control
Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
Man Made Fibre Technology
Production & Industrial Engineering
ICWAI Course For Engineers
Exemptions for Engineering Graduates in ICWAI Course
The given following exemptions are applicable to Engineering students having completed 2nd year/IV Semester/equivalent or Graduate Engineers (qualified Engineering Final Examination)
1. Exempted from ICWAI/CMA Foundation Course
2. Direct Entry to ICWAI/CMA Intermediate Course
3. Exemption from appearing in the following two papers at the Intermediate Course under Syllabus 2012:
Paper 6 – Laws, Ethics & Governance ( LEG)
Paper 9 – Operations Management & Information System (OMIS)
4. Exemption from undergoing 100-hours Compulsory Computer Training.
Notified for general information Qualification related exemption offered to Engineering Graduates/ Engineers for pursuing the CMA Course.
For Engineering Graduates having completed 2nd year/IV Semester/equivalent
Graduate Engineers (qualified Engineering Final Examination)
Exempted from CMA Foundation Course
Direct Entry to CMA Intermediate Course
Exemption from appearing in the following two papers at the Intermediate Course under Syllabus 2012:Paper 6 – Laws, Ethics & Governance ( LEG)Paper 9 – Operations Management & Information System (OMIS)
Exemption from undergoing 100-hours Compulsory Computer Training
Application for exemption to be made to [Director of Studies, HQ, as per guidelines.
All concerned are requested to take a note of this amendment and attach wide publicity to the stakeholders.
Official Notification of ICWAI Exemptions for Engineering Graduates
Click Here For Official Notification of ICWAI Exemptions for Engineering Graduates/Engineers for pursuing CMA Course.
1) All Regional Councils of the Institute- for information and necessary action
2) All Chapters of Institute – for information & necessary action
3) All CMA Support Centers of the Institute
4) Secretariat, for kind information and records
5) All HODS in Headquarters including Delhi Office, Hyderabad Center of Excellence – for kind information.
6) Notice Boards
7) IT Dept – requested to upload this information in the website as appropriate.