Cash Vouchers Bank Vouchers
· Check authorization of Cash Vouchers Bank Vouchers by a responsible person.
· Check supporting Bills / Invoices
· Check the correctness of the accounting head – expense / income
· Check for cash receipts signature /acknowledgement of cash recd.
· Check that all the relevant columns of the Cash/ bank vouchers have been properly filled in.
· Check that all the supportings to the Vouchers are crossed as cancelled after the payment.
· Check that payments are made only against original supportings.
· Check authorization of Purchase Vouchers by a responsible person.
· Check the Purchase Voucher with the supporting documents like Bill / Invoice and the Goods Received Note(GRN).
· Check whether the rates given in the purchase invoices are as per the purchase Orders raised/amendments to the Purchase Orders/ approved by an appropriate authority.
· Check whether payment has been made/Bill passed for rejected quantity of material as per the GRR.
· Check whether a proper accounting head – expense has been debited.
· Check that all the relevant columns of the Purchase Vouchers have been properly filled in.
· Check that the PV is passed as per the terms given in the Purchase Orders.
· Check that the purchase voucher is prepared only in respect of original Bills / Invoices.
· Photocopies of invoices duplicate invoices should not be passed.
· Check that the Bills / invoices are passed strictly as per the PO terms.
· Check authorization of Journal Vouchers by a responsible person.
· Check the Journal vouchers with supporting Bills / Invoices /documents.
· Check that supporting documents are duly approved by an appropriate authority.
· Check the correctness of the accounting head – debit / credit.
· Check that all the relevant columns of the journal vouchers have been properly filled in.
· In case of contractors bills check that bills submitted by the contractors are supported by the Work Orders issued in advance to the contractors. No bill should be passed unless supported by a/ WO and the value of the Bill should be in agreement with the WO prepared. Check that the Work Orders are prepared in advance before the start of the work.
· Check that the bills of the contractors are duly approved and certified for payment by the person responsible for getting the work done i.e the user. All the bills must have “Approval” for payment in writing by the user on the face of the bill.
· Check that all the supporting bills / invoices to a journal voucher are approved / certified for payment by the User Department. The user Department should specifically put a remark on the bill for approval payment.
· In case of contract jobs relating to labour supply the bills are to be supported by attendance sheets duly certified by the Time Office.
· In case of transporters bills – check the bills with the agreed rates and receipted copies of consignment notes.
· Check the measurement books in case of bills for civil work and ensure that the Measurement books are signed and checked by the Engineer in charge of the Work.
· In case of running and final bills for civil work check that the civil engineer has checked and verified the measurements and entries of all running and final bills are made in the Measurement Books.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD REST OF AUDIT CHECK LIST